Great dads come in all styles. Because there’s not always one Father’s Day gift that fits all, here are a few suggestions to help you surprise him when June 21 rolls around.
For the Team Player
If Dad’s a real sport, anything from workout clothes to sports-related accessories or equipment could be just the right game plan. If you’re opting for apparel, score extra points for anything that features a logo of his favorite brand or team.
- Workout-worthy gifts: Think athletic shoes, graphic tees and tanks, training shorts, gym bags and fitness-training equipment, like a treadmill or an exercise bike. Sessions with a personal trainer are another great choice, as long as you know he’s interested.
- Sports fan apparel, accessories and collectibles: These go-team gifts range from jerseys and caps to duffel bags and sports memorabilia. A team logo is the one thing they all have in common. Just choose his favorite college or professional team, and your gift is sure to be a winner.
- Sport watches: Whether it’s analog or digital, chronograph or multifunction, strap or bracelet, there’s no limit to your timekeeping choices. There are even fitness watches designed to record and display his heart rate, calculate calories burned or measure distance traveled.
- Golf gear that fits him to a tee: Polos, putters or even a personalized golf shoe bag are just a few par-for-the-course choices. You can also make a gift basket filled with all sorts of golf-related goodies, like ball markers, tees, club covers, a leather-bound golf log and more.
For the Outdoorsman
For dads who love a good adventure, gifts range from high-tech to no-tech and everything in between.
- Fire up the grill: Is he a king of the ’cue? Try outdoor cooking accessories, like a barbecue tool set, fish-grilling pan, nonstick burger basket or digital fork thermometer. More patio chef must-haves include a personalized BBQ apron, insulated grilling glove and a portable indoor grill for rainy days.
- On-the-go gadgets: A power bank mini charger powers up a drained cell-phone battery in a pinch, while a pocket-sized travel outlet adapter means he can get connected in more than 150 countries worldwide.
- Just for grins: For the dad who has everything, give him something fun, like fishing lure crew socks, a tailgate backpack cooler, stainless steel monogrammed flask, canvas flip flops or pretty much anything that says, “I’ d rather be fishing.”
For the Suit & Tie Guy
One of the easiest to shop for is the well-dressed dad. For him, a tie is more than just a fallback option—it’s something he actually wants!
- His go-to styles: There are plenty of choices here—everything from dress shirts and shoes to dress ties, bow ties, wallets and belts. More relaxed options include a pajama set, robe or comfy slippers. The main goal here is to keep him looking sharp, whether he’s lounging at home or working hard at the office.
- If bling is his thing: Go ahead and make his day with nice dress watches, diamond-accent cufflinks or a monogrammed tie clip. You can also choose from a variety of men’s ID bracelets, chains, bands and more.
- Make it personal: For the well-groomed dad, popular choices include an electric shaver, mustache trimmer, deluxe travel kit or Waterpik flosser. For the health-conscious, a heated massaging neck rest, blood pressure monitor or fitness tracker also make great personal care gifts.
When All Else Fails
Still not sure what to get? Go for a can’t-miss gift card, then take him shopping and let him choose! Share your great Father’s Day gifts with us using #jcpStyle.