There’s a chill in the air and the long summer days are fading—it’s time for fall! Although most of us are mindful of switching our wardrobes up in preparation for cooler weather, have you considered getting your home refreshed as well? With all the fall decorating ideas out there, it can be overwhelming to know how exactly to choose fall decorations for your home. Here are 10 ways to get your house fall-ready:
- Layer a cozy throw blanket into your living room. Combat the cooler weather and stay warm with throws that are functional as well as beautiful.
- Speaking of cozy, this is the perfect opportunity to add an electric heating blanket to your bed.
- Create edible table centerpieces with apples and pears. Layer in candles for warmth and ambiance as well as placemats, tablecloths and table runners in fall hues.
- Try a festive fall-scented candle or home fragrance. Some of our favorites include apple and cinnamon scents.
- Add a decorative bowl or two to your coffee table and fill them with some fall-appropriate items like pinecones, apples or gourds.
- Try your hand at a fall-themed craft to display like a leaf garland or carved pumpkins.
- Switch out your art for some fall prints. You can find free printables online or simply display some pretty leaves in a glass frame.
- Add a darker slipcover to your sofa and chairs to dramatically transform your furniture at a fraction of the cost.
- Throw pillows are an affordable and pretty way to completely transform your living spaces and bedrooms. Try a fall color palette of reds, yellows and oranges, or even a fun fall print for maximum impact.
- Create a welcoming fall-friendly entrance by decorating your front porch with pumpkins, mums and a fall wreath.
As you can see, your home can be fall-ready with just a few simple additions, most of which you can reuse year after year to create the perfect autumn atmosphere. Show us your favorite fall home styles on Twitter or Instagram with #jcpHome.