Whether cooking is your passion or just an act of last resort when you can’t stand another takeout meal, you can’t cook without cutting. And you can’t cut without knives. So here’s a quick rundown on the top five knives recommended by professional chefs.
- 8″ French chef’s knife—They call it French, but it’s really universal, as you can use this for any task, from chopping vegetables to slicing meat.
- Serrated knife—Good for cutting anything that’s tough on the outside but delicate on the inside, a serrated knife is just what you need for crusty bread or thick-skinned fruit.
- 8″ utility slicing knife—This knife is perfect for carving turkey, ham or roast beef, or even filleting fish.
- Boning knife—The blade is curved for precise cutting, such as deboning a chicken.
- Paring knife—The smaller size makes it ideal for detail work, such as dicing vegetables.
Want to learn more about cutlery? Check out our guide on kitchen knives.
What’s cooking in your kitchen? Show us on Instagram and Twitter using #jcpHome.